Some examples of what you will learn:
- Understanding the commercial role of PR in business
- Strategy development
- Reporting to match clients business objectives
- Project management and workflow
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Prioritising tasks – important vs. urgent
- Accountability and integrity – building trust and dependability with your peers and clients
- Differentiation of ordinary to extraordinary
- Media management – tools and tips to ensure excellent results in the media
- Digital tools and techniques for amplifying PR
- Best practices for digital PR reporting and measurement
- Writing award-winning content
This Graduate Programme is a paid, non linear learning opportunity which will take the form of practical, on the job mentoring and task setting rather than a typical academic approach.
We are looking for applicants with a real hunger to deliver excellence in PR and demonstrate a match with DUO’s value and culture. The successful applicant will aspire to The Essence of DUO.
We will be selecting candidates based on submission of the following:
- CV with a motivation letter as to why DUO should consider you for this graduate program. Please specify your preference of Cape Town or Johannesburg
- Academic results of 75% or above
- University transcripts
- A letter of reference from a professional source
In addition, we require that you submit a self-made video, answering 5 questions in less than 5 minutes:
- What’s unique about DUO?
- What value do you think you can bring to the company?
- What difference do you think this graduate programme can bring to you?
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
- How do you know you will match and enhance our culture and values?
If we do not receive all of the above mentioned items, we simply cannot consider your application fairly and it will be disqualified.
Please submit all documentation together with your video to [email protected], and specify which position you are applying for in the subject line. Applications open on 1 September 2020 and close on 15 October 2020, please note that no late applications will be accepted. Selection finalisation by 15 November for start in late January 2021.