Brand-building through newsjacking for The Social Collective
The Social Collective, a data monitoring and evaluation company, appointed DUO Marketing + Communications to assist with raising their brand visibility in the broader South African market, as well as to potential customers in various sectors, including technology and government.
The Social Collective is a purpose-driven software company driving sustainable impact with clients across Africa and globally (USA). They provide the solutions companies need to extract value from their data, through monitoring and evaluation, to ultimately quantify the impact of programmes and efforts in the fields of sustainability and transformation.
Their cloud-based solutions assist organisations to effectively reflect client data for CSI (corporate social investment), CSR (corporate social responsibility), sustainability, social impact reporting and transformation reporting for JSE-listed companies, small and medium enterprises (SMEs), universities, NGOs and even individuals (through initiatives such as Do-Nation).
DUO suggested a PR campaign with a series of media releases highlighting current solutions as well as thought leadership articles to highlight The Social Collective’s expertise and insights into the industry and technology. The campaign included participation in key features as well as securing media interviews with key media. The account team featured an Account Director, a specialist writer, and a media relations professional.
Three articles were drafted over the 4-month period and this resulted in 22 pieces of coverage. 50% of coverage obtained was secured in business/ finance media and 18% in technology-focused publications.
94% of coverage achieved appeared in Tier 1 publications, with the remaining 6% in Tier 2 highlighting that DUO Marketing + Communications targeted the right media, with the right messaging and to the right audience.
Advertising Value Equivalent (AVE): The AVE of coverage obtained over this period is R974,472.00. This is what it would cost to buy the same amount of media space based on the coverage achieved.
Audience and reach: The coverage obtained potentially reached over 15 million people based on the daily/ weekly/ monthly circulation for print publications, the daily unique browsers for online articles as well as the audience for a particular broadcast channel.
Prominence: 71% of the coverage secured mentioned The Social Collective in the lead paragraph or as the byline of the article.
Coverage drivers: The main coverage driver was from thought leadership articles, followed by interviews and media releases.
A key highlight during the campaign was newsjacking the current South African news of the day. This was done through a thought leadership article that focused on the Covid-19 pandemic and how funds and donations will be managed through the various governmental institutions in South Africa, including the Solidarity Fund. By hooking onto the current news agenda, and providing highly relevant commentary, a number of interviews and pieces of coverage in Tier 1 business and finance publications were secured.
Take a moment and reflect on how your interactions with banks and insurance companies have changed over the past few years. For many years, we had become accustomed to hearing the phrases fourth industrial revolution [...]
Technology and data can improve and uplift communities in South Africa especially from a healthcare perspective Imagine the potential to pinpoint and react to a cholera outbreak with real-time medical information or being able [...]
Most businesses are operating in rapidly changing and evolving environments, where new technologies and market supply convergence are causing industry disruptions that force them to not only adapt their business model, products and services, but [...]
Providing South Africa’s youth with experiential training in a live tech environment gives them the ability to contribute to the workplace, adding to its diversity as well as helping improve profitability, writes Jessica Hawkey, MD [...]
It is a bitter irony that in a country with an unsustainably high unemployment rate that there is a biting skills shortage, especially in the IT industry. In this environment, it is not unusual to [...]
The extended periods of higher-stage load shedding over the past year has forced South Africans into action. It is just not feasible to sit around and hope the national power utility fixes the mess as [...]
Are you telling a story that’s valuable?
Partner with a specialist
PR agency that understands
your business, industry