New digital tools amplify offline efforts for SA's alternative telco
Vox Telecom, one of South Africa’s largest independent black-owned telecommunications companies, has been a client of DUO’s for more than 9 years, during which time we’ve seen them grow and evolve their messaging as the business and market changed. This year, under new CEO Jacques du Toit, DUO was responsible for launching several new products, including Guardian Eye remote monitoring systems, Vox Aura corporate managed Wi-Fi and the Britemind education system, whilst still ensuring that their existing product range remains firmly in the eye of the media and the public at large.
We were also tasked with promoting their CSI project – the donation of a plane to combat rhino poaching in the Kruger. Our team traveled to the Kruger National Park to interview park rangers and film the plane in action. Using a multimedia approach involving video production, publicity, advertorial and social media we quickly got the message out. The reaction from the public was so positive that Vox Telecom has announced the donation of a second aircraft.
Recently, DUO also took over strategic management of Vox Telecom’s Search Engine Optimisation and Pay-per-click advertising requirements to amplify and support the publicity campaigns around its product set. In addition, top-level strategic consultation on social media, focusing on advising the Vox team on crisis mitigation, training and content, commenced in October 2013.
This year alone, close to 70 articles, dozens of media interviews and coverage across television, radio, print and online platforms have been secured. In addition, a number of blog posts, tweets, and Facebook campaigns have amplified offline content and opened the door to new audiences. Through a close working relationship with Vox, DUO has ensured that the company stays firmly in the public eye through a constant stream of useful, usable content being fed through to traditional and online media to directly influence Vox’s key business and consumer target markets.
Our highlights for 2013 includes:
- The visibility of their CSI project on social media, seen by a Twitter/Facebook audience of 750k fans
- Two successful interviews on etv Tech Report
- Several features on leading platforms such as News24, Business Day, Finweek, Brainstorm, ITWeb, IT-online and MyBroadband
- A close working relationship that enables us to collaborate with Vox’s internal teams, so ensuring that PR messages are firmly supported across PR, advertising, digital and social media channels.
- And of course – the satisfaction of having our client tell us that their coverage has resulted in a boost in sales and positive customer feedback.