DUO is a leading Digital PR and Marketing Agency serving the Tech industry in Southern Africa. We are member of Plexus PR globally ensuring that local standards meet global best practices. Our business is 15 years old with a solid track record as one of South Africa’s leading Tech agencies. Our mission is to give Tech innovators a voice.
What we will offer
This programme will be a practical, mentored, hands on first-job environment where DUO will teach the selected graduate the foundations of how to effectively elevate the brands of enterprise technology companies in South Africa through PR and digital marketing efforts.
Two successful applicants will be selected for our Johannesburg Branch and two applicants for our Cape Town branch
The programme duration will be 6 months with the possibility of full-time employment should the graduate prove to match DUO’s standard of excellence.
Some examples of what you will learn
- Understanding the commercial role of PR in business
- Strategy development
- Reporting to match clients business objectives
- Project management and workflow
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Prioritising tasks – important vs urgent
- Accountability and integrity. Building trust and dependability with your peers and clients.
- Differentiation of ordinary to extraordinary
- Media management – tools and tips to ensure excellent results in the media
- Digital tools and techniques for PR
- Best practises for digital PR reporting and measurement
- Writing award winning content
This Graduate Programme is a paid, non linear learning opportunity which will take the form of practical, on the job mentoring and task setting rather than a typical academic approach.
We are looking for applicants with a real hunger to deliver excellence in PR and demonstrate a match with DUO’s value and culture. The successful applicant will aspire to The Essence of DUO.
In addition we will be selecting candidates on the following:
- CV with motivation letter as to why DUO should consider you for this graduate program. Please specify your preference of Cape Town or Johannesburg
- Academic results of 75% or above
- University transcripts
- A letter of reference from a professional source
If we do not receive all of the above mentioned items, we simply cannot consider your application fairly and it will be disqualified.