DUO was privileged to be appointed to handle the media relations element for the recent Gartner Symposium/ITxpo Africa 2013. As part of the deal we got to attend some of the many great presentations and keynote addresses by Gartner’s global analysts. One of our favourites was the closing address, where Gartner research VP, Chris Howard, outlined the ten key strategic technology trends that will impact business in 2014:
- The era of personal cloud
- Hybrid cloud & IT as service broker
- The Internet of Everything
- Cloud / Client app architecture
- Mobile apps and ecosystems
- Enterprise mobile platforms
- Smart machines
- Software-defined everything
- Web-scale IT
- 3D printing
Huffington Post blogger Vala Afshar also recently provided his top five tech megatrends and offered ten surprising statistics for each one. His insights are captured beautifully in the Slideshare presentation below:
At the recent DUO Networking Breakfast, marketing strategist Nicola Byers outlined her own pick of ten tech trends for 2014. More importantly, she combined forces with our own CEO to highlight how marketers can use these trends to shape their campaigns.
Key outtakes from their recent opinion piece on the subject include:
- Marketers need to embrace new technologies to ensure they can deliver the right message on any medium – and always remain top-of-mind.
- Strategy will drive your ability to deliver the right message to the right people, in the right format and at the right time.
- Make sure you know what your customers are talking about, what their needs are, and tailor your message to meet this need.
- Focus on ROI – digital offers great reporting functionality, so use this abundantly.
- Don’t forget the basics – tech doesn’t negate the need for integrity, value, honesty and all the classic characteristics of a successful brand.
Read the full article here.