The establishment of digital platforms as mainstream communications mediums has had a major impact on the way in which organisations engage with the public.
Digital advertising, apart from just being used to increase awareness about company announcements, new products or solutions, major industry event participation and perhaps highlight corporate social investment initiatives, gives businesses the ability to target their messaging at the right audiences.
While the use of social media advertising to reach a highly targeted audience – such as employees in a senior or mid-level management position to further enable the potential of generating leads for the business – or for remarketing – is growing in popularity, it is important for businesses to ensure that their website remains the primary digital asset.
It is the reason why almost all online adverts tend to redirect the reader to a product or solution page or special landing page on the advertiser’s website. Unlike social platforms, an organisation remains in full control of their website, and the data collected within it, and develop a better understanding of user behaviour on the site.
Providing these readers with valuable material in return for their time – industry research, white papers, detailed case studies, survey results, etc – can help secure their contact details for further nurturing via email or newsletters. In an industry with long lead times, this is necessary to ensure that your brand remains top of mind.
However, in order to better understand how your site visitors behave, and identify where improvements need to be made to increase the number of conversions (people taking an action where they submit contact details), it is vital that your website is properly setup from the start.
As part of our special offer, DUO is offering a digital asset audit to clients who sign up for a Public Relations retainer during the month of September.
Setting the digital foundation
For digital marketing to be effective, continuous measurement and refinement is needed, and this requires that the digital fundamentals be in place. This includes:
- Site structure and performance
- Mobile friendliness
- Inbound and outbound links
- Analytics and remarketing
- Goals and events
- Social sharing and linkage
- Social media audit including accounts, followings, content type and frequency, and basic competitor analysis
The audit report will look to identify common website issues that degrade the user experience, lower your search engine ranking – and recommendations on the most immediate changes that need to be implemented.
Terms and conditions include:
- Special offer available from 1 to 30 September 2019 for clients who sign up with DUO for a one year PR retainer before the end of the month
- The audit will take up to 30 days to produce and is valued at R25,000 ex vat
- For more accurate and detailed results, we require access to your Google Analytics, as well as social media platforms.
- A dedicated resource within your organisation needs to be assigned to support us
For more information, please fill in your contact details so that we can get in touch with you