Crisis management is the process by which an organisation deals with a disruptive and unexpected event that threatens to harm the organisation or its stakeholders. Fortunately DUO has a team of experienced PR practitioners to support our clients in this process.
Crisis can vary from a data breach to a misinterpreted tweet. There is no blueprint for crisis resolution and as such, we treat each incident with careful precision, weighing up the risks and considerations for all parties concerned.
We take a proactive approach with trained spokespeople to remove the opportunity for media speculation. It’s never comfortable or easy and as such, we offer this service to retainer clients only.
We will work with our clients to prepare the following documents to ensure that all the necessary information is immediately available:
- Crisis communication plan
- Crisis communication team (who should manage the crisis)
- Letters to staff and shareholder
- Media announcements and interviews with relevant media
- Possible Q & A’s
- Company boilerplate
- Policy documentation on: Handling the media